Join Wonderstruck and be a key part of our friendly, innovative and inclusive team supporting Larian Studios on their highly anticipated game Baldur’s Gate 3.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced 3D Artist to produce game assets and bring to life engaging and believable worlds. Initially, assets will fall within a medieval, fantasy and steampunk theme.
Wonderstruck is an independent game studio based in the heart of the UK's Game Industry (a.k.a. Guildford).
Back in 2009, a group of industry veterans from some of the UK's most well-known game powerhouses (EA, Criterion, Sony, Lionhead... ) came together to create a vibrant studio, that has grown over the years to include a diverse range of developers from different disciplines and backgrounds. We are proud to have released our own titles including Boundless, The Marvellous Miss Take, and Polycraft.
Most recently, we've been working alongside the multi-award-winning Larian Studios on the creation of Baldur's Gate 3.
The studio’s first specialism was our online games platform GA.ME powered by the open source Turbulenz Engine.
- Creating in-game props and assets following relevant project design (with or without concept art).
- Creating and baking High Poly models, created in 3DS max or Maya / Z-brush
- Texturing organic and hard surfaces in Substance painter (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- Work effectively with workflows, pipelines and tools that allow for efficient, flexible and timely delivery of high-quality assets.
- Optimise art assets to enhance engine performance.
- Working with Producers delivering assets to an agreed time frame.
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of visual quality in all artwork produced.
- Fine Arts or relevant degree.
- A minimum of 5 years in the industry is required.
- Able to produce interesting looking assets within different styles, depending on the project, even when there is no concept art available.
- Good communication skills, able to work in a team and take creative input from Leads and Art Director.
- Excellent feeling for shape, colour, lighting and composition. Both at Object level as at Scene level.
- Expertise in creating modular set pieces like walls, stairs, houses, etc.
- Expertise in creating shaders to make interesting looking materials.
- An excellent portfolio that demonstrates a variety of character and non-character art pieces, including both realistic and stylised designs.
- Excellent general 3D modelling skills (e.g. characters, building, props, etc.) using Autodesk Maya and ZBrush.
- Exceptional knowledge and skills in 3D game production
- Strong technical knowledge of methods and techniques within a 3D engine.
Nice to Haves
- Strong ability to concept sketch or illustrate
- Strong 2D Skills
- Knowledge of classic architecture and medieval design
- Experience in architecture or design.
- An active interest in video games and / or role-playing games
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and travel to the USA.
For further questions or if you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV, portfolio and covering letter to Nicola Nehm at firstname.lastname@example.org.Other openings