Join Wonderstruck and be a key part of our friendly, innovative and inclusive team supporting Larian Studios on their highly anticipated game Baldur’s Gate 3.
Positions are open to both mid-level (min 3 years experience) and senior level (6+ years experience) talent.
We’re looking for talented Animators to help take our in-game Cinematic Animations to new heights across both motion capture and keyframe disciplines. You’ll be responsible for creating and editing keyframe animation alongside editing mocap data to create charming and believable animation.
Wonderstruck is an independent game studio based in the heart of the UK's Game Industry (a.k.a. Guildford).
Back in 2009, a group of industry veterans from some of the UK's most well-known game powerhouses (EA, Criterion, Sony, Lionhead... ) came together to create a vibrant studio, that has grown over the years to include a diverse range of developers from different disciplines and backgrounds. We are proud to have released our own titles including Boundless, The Marvellous Miss Take, and Polycraft.
Most recently, we've been working alongside the multi-award-winning Larian Studios on the creation of Baldur's Gate 3.
The studio’s first specialism was our online games platform GA.ME powered by the open source Turbulenz Engine.
- Animating high quality animal and creature cinematic animations.
- Keyframe editing mocap for character cinematics.
- Preparing raw mocap files ready for clean up by outsourcers.
- Supporting Cinematic Artist’s animation requests when integrating their scenes.
- Attending motion capture shoots (if required).
- Assisting with edits to performance VO motion capture clean-up requests.
- Relay and amplify the artistic vision of Animation and Cinematics Directors
- Communicate effectively with team leadership and production
- Troubleshoot animation pipelines using the in house proprietary game engine.
- Understand the requirements of the game and maintain the animation style.
- Work with Designers and Cinematic Artists to create an engaging World.
- Maintain your own animations through polish and bug fixing.
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of quality in all work produced.
- Min. 3 years experience (Mid-level) or 6 Years (Senior) in game animation (or similar)
- Demonstrable skills in keyframed humanoid and animal/creature animation
- Experience in Autodesk Maya.
- 3D Animation or relevant degree.
- Knowledge of anatomy and what moves and motivates creatures and characters.
- Knowledge of animation fundamentals, techniques, acting/staging
- At least one published title showing game or film development experience.
- Effective communicator and a team player.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Able to give constructive feedback and receive it graciously
- Must already be eligible to work in the UK and possess any required documents (visa/permit).
Nice to Haves
- Experience in solving production limitations of character and animation pipelines
- Passion for video games
How to Apply
For further questions or if you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV, link to your showreel and covering letter to Stephanie Fawcett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete an animation test.Other openings